- More information about the schedule has been posted.
- An updated Membership List has been
- Monterey native Denise Underwood points out that if highway 17 is
at all backed up -- which it almost always is -- keeping on 101 south to
Prunedale and taking highway 156 is faster.
And I can testify that even though route 152 over Hecker Pass out of Gilroy
is probably slower than either route, it's much prettier and much
less wearing on the nerves.
- Ron Larson has warned us that:
- The drive time estimates in PR3, based on some off-peak weekend trips, are
drastically low for typical conditions.
A more realistic estimate is 3 hours from SFO.
- The California Highway Patrol has designated California Highway
17 (the main route from the SF Bay Area to Monterey Bay) for
extra enforcement attention during October; be warned.
- Preliminary information about the schedule of
programming has been posted.
- A list of the dealers has been posted.
- Progress Report 3 has been posted.
- The unintentionally-delayed classified ads have
appeared. (September 22)
A correction to the Novel category of the The 1998 World Fantasy Awards nominees has
Progress Report 2 has been issued.
and a World Fantasy Awards ballot are now available..
Dealers' Room update: some space is available for sellers of books and
original works. Contact Bob Brownfor rates and further
Art Show Update!
WFC98 is pleased to announce our new Art Show director, Lillian
You may know her: Lillian ran the art show at last year's WorldCon.
For WFC Art Show information, contact Lillian at email@example.com
or call her at 512-445-4869.
Progress Report 1 announces our guest of
honor, Gahan Wilson, and contains hotel, programming, and contact